Frequently Asked Questions
The ISAHP2016 will be held at the Hilton Paddington in London, UK.
The Symposium will be held from August 4 – August 7, 2016
Yes, the theme is "Divide, compara, aggrega et impera. Divide, compare, pool and rule". All related information may be found on our website at isahp.org/callforpapers
The official language of the Symposium is English.
Topics are the thematic areas in which you can submit your proposal(s) and in which sessions are grouped.
That information may be found on our website at isahp.org/callforpapers/?Topics-2.
Individuals may participate as paper or poster presenters, organizers/chairs of a session. You may also participate as a Symposium attendee.
There are no limitations of roles at the Symposium; however, it is recommended that you consider your time availability.
You may submit an individual proposal or become a session organizer to submit 3 to 4 paper proposals (including yours).
Individual proposals are evaluated by the Chair of each Track, and if they are accepted, the Chair pairs them with others to create a session. A Session proposal is a group of individuals who want to submit all of their proposals together for consideration by the Chair as a pre-arranged Session.
- Session Panels (also called simply sessions): Presentation and discussion of paper proposals prepared specifically for the Symposium. Proposals should include 3 to 4 papers. The corresponding Track Chair has the prerogative to add panelists to any session with insufficient number of presenters. Presenters should provide adequate opportunity for discussion and audience participation.
- Poster Session: There may be a poster session dedicated to individual poster presentations that combine text and graphics to make a visual presentation of your research. Papers that may not fit in a particular Session panel may be accepted as a Poster session. Poster session does not have an organizer or chair.
- Plenary Sessions: Presentation and discussion by a single renowned AHP/ANP scholar or practitioner.
The date to begin submitting papers and sessions is December 1, 2015, and the deadline is April 18, 2016. Additional dates can be found on our website at isahp.org/event.
The length of a session may vary from 1 hour to 1 ½ hours. Please plan to have 12.5 to 15 minutes per presentation. (Please adjust the recommended time according to the number of presentations in your session).
There are usually three to four participants/paper presenters in a session, depending the allocated time for the session.
Yes, you may present two papers in different sessions.
Please contact the Organizer of the Session directly.
Can my proposal be specified to more than one program topic? What if the chair of a different program topic is interested in my area of study?
The submission form allows you the option to specify a program track for your paper. If for some reason your proposal does not fit within the first track, it will be sent to the track chair that the Chair of the program track you sent the proposal considers best.
Unfortunately, papers proposals may be submitted only in English and using the Paper Proposal Outline (template).
The general criteria are:
- Session proposal or paper is significant to the field.
- Session proposal or paper is clearly and succinctly presented.
- Session proposal or paper is conceptually and theoretically adequate.
- Potential of the proposal for enriching the success of the Symposium
- For session proposals, diversity of the participants, including place of residence and institution, and level of education.
- Proposals addressing the 2016 ISAHP them are encouraged.
The following changes are allowed:
- updates to contact information
- slight changes to title of paper or session changes in papers and session titles.
The following changes are not allowed:
- Addition of new participant
- Replacement of participants
Notification of acceptance and rejection are scheduled to be sent to all proposers on a rolling basis from time of your submission until April 30, 2016.
Yes, you may participate and present in more than one session.
ISAHP does permit co-organizers for the sessions, however, only one will be listed in the Program. We will need for you to choose which organizer should be listed as the organizer of your session.
I am organizing a session and was wondering if the Chair has to be one of the participants of our session or can he just perform as Chair without presenting?
The Chair does not have to be a paper presenter.
Both of our co-chairs will present papers, but they will not necessarily be the first two papers on the session. How should we indicate this?
Although the order in the submission form is the same that will appear in the Program Book, it does not have to be the same order in which you will give your presentations.
Yes, you may organize and chair more than one session.
Can a person organize more than one session – even if they are presenting a paper in only one of them?
Yes, a person may organize more than one session even if they are presenting a paper in only one of them.
Yes, the organizer can also participate as chair or paper presenter in the same panel they organize.
ISAHP requires a minimum of 3 and maximum of 4 papers per session.
A session must have at least three paper presenters (besides the Chair who may or may not be a paper presenter) willing to submit a paper proposals as part of our session. Individuals interested in organizing a session may do so by contacting colleagues in their area of interest.
I would like the two sessions I organized to be held in the same room, one after the other. Could you tell me the procedure for making a request of this kind?
Please apply for two session proposals. Session titles should be the same for both parts indicating the order (Title-Part I and Title-Part II). Please keep in mind that we cannot guarantee that the sessions will be held one after the other or in the same room. However, we will ensure that Part I is held before Part II.
In order to present a session proposal indicate the title of the session and the title of each presentation including a brief paper proposal for the session. In addition, individual paper proposals for every paper within the session must be submitted. We also need complete contact information for each participant.
ISAHP does not have a preference for sessions or individual papers. In both cases, papers have the same opportunity to be accepted for the conference.
If more than one person is presenting at a session for the same paper/presentation, do they need to be listed as separate presenters or as co-authors, or both?
They don't need to be listed as separate presenters. They should be listed only as co-authors.
I would like to add someone to my session who recently submitted an individual paper, is it enough if we simply add a note to the effect that you should disregard his earlier submission, and that he will participate in our session instead?
Please include the new participant on your session proposal submission and ask him/her to send us an email indicating that we should disregard his earlier submission or he/she can go back into the system and delete his/her submission.
The length of a session may vary from 1 hour to 1 ½ hours.
All participants with a role at ISAHP2016 (paper presenters, chairs, organizers, etc.) must register by May 1, 2016; otherwise, risk that their names will not appear in the Program book or that they will not be able to present at the Symposium. Additionally, their sessions may be cancelled due to insufficient presenters. All attendees (no active role in the Symposium) must register, either online or upon arrival at the Symposium site. Acceptance as an official ISAHP2016 participant does not confer automatic ISAHP2016 registration.
Online registration for ISAHP2016 will be available after April 08, 2016
Regular Registration includes:
- Full access to the ISAHP2016
- Proceedings of scientific contributions
- Welcome Reception
- Coffee breaks
Guest/Spouse Registration includes:
- Welcome Reception
- Coffee breaks
- Registration fees do not cover accommodation costs
- Fees do not include Social Networking Event.
- Students need to present their Student ID Card upon registration at the ISAHP hotel registration area.
Given the contractual commitments made by the ISAHP2016 in the organization of the Symposium, registration fees are non-refundable.